Inlet's Winter Carnival
Saturday, February 25, 2017
Fern Park and Arrowhead Park, Inlet
Thank you to all who made this year's event a success!
Update - Saturday
The Frozen King & Queen have been crowned.
Noah's Ark Anumal Workshop is open at Inlet Town Hall, the Inlet Public Library's Book Sale is open, the Old Forge Little League is setting up under the pavilion at Arrowhead Park and will be open at 11:00.
The weather says no rain until 2:00, and so we are going to try to squeeze in the Cardboard Sled Races before the rain. We will be at Fern Park starting at Noon and as people show up we will register them and send them down the hill to get their time.
The Youth Snowmobile Races have been CANCELLED!
Fireworks are still on for 7:00 p.m. and there will be hot dogs and apple cider under pavilion at Arrowhead Park.
Update - Friday, February 23 @ 8:00 p.m.
Watch the weather - There are thunderstorms predicted between 1:00-6:00 p.m.
Fireworks and all indoor activities are still on schedule, but we will not hold any races in thunderstorms.
In the event we have to cancel the races, we will meet at the sledding hill on March 4th at 1:00 p.m. with our cardboard sleds and we hope to hold youth snowmobile races on March 11th during the vintage snowmobile races on Fourth Lake.
Update - Friday, February 23
All activities are still a go! Including Youth Snowmobile Races still planned for 3:00 p.m. and fireworks still going off at 7:00 p.m.
Coronation at 10:00 a.m. in the Legion Square gazebo.
Indoor activities are not affected by weather - Noah's Ark Animal Workshop and Free Face Painting 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Inlet Public Library Book Sale 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., Happy Hour 4:00-6:00 p.m., Live Music 7:00-10:00 p.m. and Wine & Chocolate Sampling after the fireworks.
The prediction of rain starting at the same time as the Cardboard Sled Race is a little concerning. But we have trophies to hand out, and so we need to find a way to make that happen. If you made a sled for the race, join us at Fern Park, starting at 12:30 and we will make a plan for what to do at the 1:00 p.m. race time.
The Old Forge Little League concession stand will open at 11:00 a.m. at Fern Park and there will still be treats under the tent at Arrowhead Park starting at 6:00 p.m.
Unfortunately, the ice skating rink is closed, and the trails are going to be icy and wet.
Free sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing , and cross-country skiing at Fern Park all day, every day! Bring your own equipment. Skate, ski, and snowshoe rentals are available downtown at Pedals & Petals.
Schedule (subject to change):
- Coronation: 10 a.m. in front of Inlet Town Hall.
- Noah's Ark Animal Workshop: 10 a.m. - noon in the Senior Room of Inlet Town Hall. Make your own stuffed animal. Benefits the Inlet Youth Commission.
- Free Face Painting: 10 a.m. - noon in the Senior Room of Inlet Town Hall.
- Book Sale: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Inlet Public Library.
- Concession & Raffle: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Fern Park. Hot dogs, chilidogs, cups of chili, cookies, brownies, hot chocolate, coffee, and water. Kayak and television to be raffled in the spring. Benefits the Old Forge Little League.
- Cardboard Sled Race: 1 p.m. at Fern Park. Registration begins at 12:15 p.m. in the warming room of the pavilion.
- Kid's Snowmobile Races: 3 p.m. at Fern Park. Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. near the track.
- Happy Hour 4 - 6 p.m. at The Woods Inn.
- Bonfire: 5 p.m. at Arrowhead Park with free hot dogs and hot cider.
- Fireworks: 7 p.m. at Arrowhead Park over the frozen snow and ice.
- Live Music: 8 - 11 p.m. at The Woods Inn.
- Wine & Chocolate Sampling: After the fireworks at Matt's Draft House @ Screamen Eagle Pizza.