Boat launches and marinas in Hamilton County simplify access to lakes in the Adirondack Wild. Some of these boat launches provide free access, others are found at state campgrounds where day use fees apply. From these launches you can enjoy the still waters and remote wildlife by doing some paddling.
Please note that there are several different types of boat launches:
- Hard surface or concrete ramp--site affords float-off and float-on launching for most trailered boats.
- Beach launch--no float-off or float-on trailered boat capability. Sites will accommodate the approach to the water's edge of small and light trailered boats. Boat may then be pushed on or off trailer. Usually shallow areas.
- Hand launch--no trailer capacity. Boats must be hand carried to the water.
Boaters and Anglers, please remember that you can help prevent the spread of unwanted aquatic plant and animal species by following these guidelines:
- Remove all mud and aquatic plants from all gear, boats, motors and trailers before departing from your boating location
- Drain all water including bilges, live wells, and bait tanks before departing from your fishing location
- Do not transport fish from one body of water to another
- Do not release unused bait into a body of water
- Do not dispose of fish carcasses or by-products in any body of water
Whether your looking for a simple paddle or extensive boat excursion, Adirondack boat launches are your access point to experience beauty on the water. Be sure to browse our other outdoor activities and see all that Hamilton County has to offer.Search for Boating using the Trip Planner feature.