The Sacandaga Lake boat launch is located within the Moffits Beach DEC campsite area, once of the largest in the Adirondacks. The hard surface boat launch is new and modern, and able to accommodate the largest trailered boats.
HOW TO GET THERE
Drive west on Route 8 from the "4 corners" in Speculator, the intersection of Route 30 and Route 8 for 1.6 miles. At Page Street, make a right and travel another mile to arrive at the entrance of the campground, which is on the left.
GPS Coordinates: 43.490548, -74.407356
- Parking for 30 cars & trailers
- 261 campsites
- Large natural sand beach with lifeguard during the summer
- Bathrooms available
- Potable Water
- Picnic Area with fireplaces and grills
- Large pavilion at the picnic area for rent
- Hot showers
- Trailer Dump station
- Pay telephone
- Hiking close by
- Rentals: Canoes, Kayaks
- DEC Junior Naturalist Program ( ages 5-13)
- Info Cabin with caretaker
- Shopping, restaurants and golf course nearby
The Sacandaga Lake is well known for its smallmouth and largemouth bass, as well as a health trout population including browns and rainbow. Rock Bass and sunnies can be caught off most docks or in shallow waters.