NOTICE! 7/2/2020 The beaches will be opening alternating days beginning on July 4th. Indian Lake Beach will be open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Blue Mt. Lake Beach will be open on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Due to Covid – 19 there will be new directives and rules in place for the 2020 season:
- Our maximum capacity must be reduced by 50%. There will be a safety monitor at each beach. Everyone must check in before entering the beach.
- Everyone must maintain a six – feet distance between anyone not in your group.
- Each group can have no more than 10 patrons.
- Please distance yourself from the lifeguard stand.
- Masks must be worn when the six – feet distancing can not be maintained.
- There will be no swimming lessons this year.
NOTICE! 6/25/2020 In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19, the State has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for anyone returning from travel to states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19. Click here to find the restricted states and to read the Travel Advisory.
NOTICE! 6/9/2020 Town of Indian Lake Transfer Station is back to normal operating hours! Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
New York Forward - New York State's official portal into re-opening the state. Found here: https://forward.ny.gov/
To buy a New York State Sporting Licence (Fishing/Hunting):
- Available at our Chamber's Visitor Center during regular business hours 7 days a week at 6239 NY-28, Byron Park Building, Indian Lake NY
- Call 1-866-933-2257 Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm or go online at: https://decals.licensing.east.kalkomey.com/
Our friends at the North Country Chamber of Commerce have set up a Coronavirus update page loaded with informative links and videos at the following link: http://northcountrychamber.com/Chamber/coronavirus-update
General questions regarding novel coronavirus and travel may be directed to the New York Novel Coronavirus Hotline at 1-888-364-3065, or contact the local health department at (518) 648-6141. For more information about 2019 novel Coronavirus, visit the New York State Department of Health dedicated website at: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
Please remember to act on facts, not fear or falsehood.