Experience the Adirondacks — it's a scenic paradise!
Hamilton County is located in the center of the six-million acre Adirondack Park in northern New York state. With public recreation lands and waters totaling one million acres and comprising 95 percent of Hamilton county, there's an adventure around every corner, up every mountain, and down each river. And, while wilderness is always right at your fingertips, our villages are conveniently scattered throughout the region, making restaurants, lodging, and a variety of attractions available.
Plan an unforgettable winter adventure
Hamilton County is packed with fun activities and opportunities for adventures unique and memorable.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Whether you're a newbie or a veteran rider, our snowmobile trails provide miles of fun and incomparable scenery. Stop by a trailside restaurant and make a day of it.
- Schuss our scenic slopes, with trails for every level and age of skier. Hot cocoa at the end of day is a must, too!
- Drop a line in a spacious lake for some quality ice fishing. We have miles and miles of waters perfect for hooking trout, bass, perch, and land-locked salmon.
- Visit our unique towns! From mom-and-pop shops to outstanding restaurants sourcing local products, you'll find our towns charming and the proprietors welcoming.
Festivals and events
Don’t forget all the festivals and events that make the most of the snowy season:
- Celebrate the holiday season at Oak Mountain's annual Holiday Fair, featuring kid-friendly craft activities, holiday shopping, live music, and a special guest in a red suit!
- Rev up your winter with Snocade in Indian Lake, a week of snowmobile fun. Enjoy guided outings, a craft fair, fireworks, and more.
- You can find a full list on our events page.
An outdoor vacation destination
You'll find a seemingly endless expanse of wilderness to explore in the Adirondacks, where there are adventures to be had at every turn. Start planning your Adirondack vacation today by browsing our cozy lodging options!