Adirondack Experience Traveler Information
The safety of our travelers and residents is our highest priority and we are committed to ensuring that every experience in the Adirondacks is the best it can be.
We know that it is not simple to make the decision to travel during this time and we are here to help connect you with the information you need to know so you make informed travel decisions. When the time is right for you to travel comfortably, we look forward to welcoming you to Hamilton County.
NEW YORK STATE TRAVEL ADVISORY
- All travelers from a different state must fill out the Traveler Health Form and adhere to safety guidelines during their visit.
- Travelers from contiguous states (Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Vermont are exempt from needing to complete the Form.
- All travelers should monitor symptoms. If any symptoms develop, travelers must immediately self-isolate and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to determine if they should seek testing.
- All travelers must follow the health guidelines while in the region.
Please follow the guidelines
It is important that all residents and visitors continue to observe safe practices. We truly appreciate your help by taking these simple measures.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth in public areas where you are not more than six feet away from others.
- Remain socially distant. Stay at least six feet away from others.
- Wash your hands often and when you cannot, sanitize your hands
- Respect capacity limits at businesses
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and rest.
Know before you go
As businesses and attractions continue to adapt to operating in an ever-changing atmosphere, it is important to check directly with the specific restaurant, lodging property, attraction, etc., that you want to visit to ensure you have the most up-to-date information. Please note that many of our area attractions are requiring advanced ticket purchasing and reservations at this time.
Be prepared in the backcountry
As we begin to once again safely explore the wonders of the Adirondacks and its wide-open spaces, it is important to remember to show love and care for this amazing natural wonderland. Going on an all day adventure? Remember to pack the right gear, including extra layers. Going somewhere new? Prepare by doing plenty of research before you go, especially about the map and weather. This is the perfect time to learn about Leave No Trace and take the Love Your ADK pledge. You can help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
About our website
The reason you may see media of people not wearing masks on our website is because all footage is from prior years. More than ever we all need to be vigilant about maintaining social distance of 6 feet or more and wearing masks when we cannot social distance.
Kindness is the Adirondack way
None of this can be done alone. No matter where we live, work, or play, we're all in this together. Let's remember to be kind to each other and send virtual hugs. We'll be better for it in the end.
Thank you for staying safe, and staying inspired!
- Sign up and stay connected with the "Adirondack Experience (Hamilton County) Insider": Preview / Sign Up
- New York State Department of Health (COVID-19) Information
- Hamilton County Public Health