Moose-y on over for this great festival!
Get ready for an excellent adventure in the heart of the Adirondacks during the annual Great Adirondack Moose Festival! This just might be your chance to see the elusive and extraordinary moose!
The Great Adirondack Moose Festival, held yearly in September in Indian Lake, is a multi-day festival of jam-packed special events, including a moose calling contest, old fashioned turkey shoot, and kid-friendly activities such as the ever-popular "Count the Moose Scat" contest! Discover the wild majesty of one of the most elusive animals of the northern forests and celebrate the return of moose to the Adirondacks!
Location: Indian Lake
- Address: Route 28, Indian Lake 12842
- (518) 648-5112
- Indian Lake website
- Moose calling contest
- Moose Lab 101
- Whitewater rafting
- Guided trail hikes
- Indian Lake Museum open house
- Photos with Monty the Moose
- Antique & Classic Car Show
- Turkey trap shoot
- Moose River Plains self-guided driving tour
- Festival helicopter flights
- Crafters and vendors under the Big Moose Tent
- Bruce the Moose and Smokey Bear
- Count the Moose scat contest
- Mooseterpiece children's games and activities
You "moose" come to visit us
Follow the Great Adirondack Moose Festival on Facebook and enjoy visitor photos of moose spotted in the Adirondacks.
The Great Adirondack Moose Festival is sponsored by the Indian Lake Chamber of Commerce.