Join Inlet, New York and The Central Adirondacks Kiwanis Club as they endeavor to once again break the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest canoe & kayak raft on a single body of water. For the third time, One Square Mile of Hope plans to shatter this record while also raising funds for breast cancer research. After the attempt on Fourth Lake, participants will head over to Arrowhead Park for lunch, a health & wellness fair, live music, auction, raffles and more.
Early Packet Pickup - September 9-12, 2014
Packet pickup will begin on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at Inlet Information Center. If you are in Inlet early, it is highly recommended that you pick up your event pack and receive your launch assignment in advance.
Event Day Schedule - September 13, 2014
- 7:00 am - 10:30 am - Event day registration, packet pickup, launch point assignment at Arrowhead Park in Inlet, New York.
- 8:00 am - Activities begin in Arrowhead Park
- 9:00 am - Health & Wellness Fair Begins
- 9:00 am - Silent Auction and Chinese Raffle Begin
- 9:30 am - 10:00 am Ecumenical Service of Healing and Remembrance at Church of the Lakes in Inlet.
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am - The Boobie Sisters perform
- 10:45 am - Raft starts forming
- 11:45 am - All boats must be raft formation on Fourth Lake
- Noon - Paddles Up - And The World Record Count is Official!
- 12:30 pm - Lunch in Arrowhead Park
- 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Health and Wellness Fair, Live Music, Silent Auction and Chinese Raffle.
- 12:30 pm - Open Book performs
- 1:45 pm - Karen Savoca & Pete Heitzman perform
- 3:00 pm - Sara Milonovich performs
- 4:00 pm - Healing Drum Circle