We have great events going on here year round, but when summer comes around our calendars are jam packed!
Here is a sampling of what's to come this summer!
- Every Thursday, from June 20 - September 12, you can find the Speculator Farmers Market at the Speculator Pavilion. From 2 - 5p.m. find fresh vegetables, flowers, handmade crafts and more.
- Also on Thursdays, from June 27 - August 29, you can find the Long Lake Farmers Market at the Mt. Sabattis Lower parking lot. Vendors will be there from 10a.m. - 2p.m.
4th of July
Nothing says summer like 4th of July finally rolling around! We've got a great array of events:
- Long Lake with have its annual 4th of July Games at the Town Ball Field at 10 am. From there, head to the Town Beach to continue the celebration! There will be food provided by the Long Lake Fire Department, live music by Grit & Grace, face painting, and more. The night will end with fireworks at dark.
- Head to the shores of Raquette Lake for the Fireworks from the Barge on July 4 at dusk. Snag a ticket on the W.W. Durant for an up close, VIP view!
- Inlet will hold their annual Ping Pong Ball Drop on July 4 at 1 p.m. in Fern Park. Kids under 12 can participate for free and win some pretty awesome prizes.
- Piseco will have their Annual Fireworks on Friday, July 5 at dark. There are great spots to watch along Higgins Bay Road.
- Continue the festivities with the Speculator 4th of July Celebration on July 6! The parade will kick off at 7 p.m. from the four corners and head down to the pavilion where there will be carnival games, food, and more! Fireworks will go off at dark.
- Indian Lake will also have their celebration on July 6. The parade will go from Town Hall to Byron Park where the party will continue with live music, food, and fireworks!
You can find live music in the Adirondacks all summer long! Here are a few places to check out:
- Music on the Point - Osborne Point in Speculator will be home to live music every Wednesday night in July and August at 7 p.m.!
- The Inlet Concert Series will be on the Arrowhead Lake lakefront on Saturday nights in July and August! July shows are from 7 to 9 p.m. and August concerts will take place from 6p.m. to 8p.m.
- Long Lake will have their Music by the Lake series on select nights with Fenimore Blues, Bob Stump and the Bad Chaperones.
- The St. William's on Long Point Concert Series will take place on select Thursdays through the summer. Limited spaces are available and St William's, located on Raquette Lake, is only accessible by boat.
If you consider yourself a history buff, the Adirondacks has a lot of great museums and historical sites to offer, but we also have a few history-related events you might like to check out:
- Join the Lake Pleasant-Sacandaga Association on July 17 for a historical tour of the Speculator area, followed by a luncheon. Tickets are $20.
- Head to Inlet on July 18 for a guided tour of the historical architecture of Big Moose Lake. The tour will visit Big Moose Community Chapel, The Waldheim, Covewood Lodge, and Brown Gables. The fee for this tour is $55.
- During the Durant Days celebration from August 2-4, enjoy half-priced tours of Great Camp Sagamore in Raquette Lake. Built in 1897, this great camp has a lot of history to share.
- On August 15, tour historic Raquette Lake and learn about the Durant legacy. This tour will include St William's on Long Point, Pine Knot, The Antlers, and Echo Camp. The fee for this tour is $55.
Are you more of the athletic type? Check out these races!
- The Indian Lake Poker Paddle will be held on July 20th on Lake Adirondack, leaving from Byron Park. Paddle around the lake, collecting cards. Get the best poker hand to win!
- If you're training for a big race, join us for the 34th Annual Piseco Lake Triathlon! This 'sprint' triathlon is a 0.5 mile swim, 11.5 mile bike and a 3 mile run all around scenic Piseco Lake!
- The Lane 10k and the recently added 1 Mile Fun Run are a good time for the whole family. While the 10k is considered the toughest in the Adirondacks, it is all for a good cause: all proceeds go to the Alzheimer's Association.
If you like to shop, we have lots of great craft fairs on offer throughout the summer. Get your Christmas shopping started early with these events:
- On July 20 - 21, head to Arrowhead Park in Inlet for the annual Arts in the Park craft fair. There will be more than sixty vendors, as well as live music.
- The Heart of the Park Craft Fair takes place in Long Lake every year. This year it is being held on August 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mount Sabattis Pavilion. Admission is $1.
- The TWIGS of Speculator will be holding their craft fair on August 8. Getting bigger and bigger every year, this craft fair covers the entire ball field and fills the pavilion. Get your kettle corn and lemonade and peruse!