Step back in time and immerse yourself in the life of quiet luxury on a beautiful electric boat cruise with Raquette Lake Navigation Co. Join Captain Rachel as she takes you on what feels like a magic carpet ride, cruising along the enchanting, sparkling waters of Raquette Lake.
1. Raquette Lake Navigation Co. is a family owned business that’s been in operation for 28 years. The family vibe makes this cruise special and adds to the intimate setting of this private charter. Heartwarming fact: the boat was named Avery Mae after the Granddaughter of Captain Dean and Donna Pohl.
2. Mountain views paired with a la carte food and beverages, topped with good conversation between friends and family, paint an enriching experience and memories to take home. “It appeals to people who are looking for a leisurely, relaxing comfortable cruise, a step back in time to the tempo and grace of the Gilded Age,” Donna Pohl said.
3. This charming, elegant, 30-foot electric boat was built in 2000. The vessel has the exact specs of the 1893 model, which was introduced to the world at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. The boat features a hand-laid fiberglass hull, mahogany decks, oak coaming, mahogany ceiling, teak sole, hand-applied varnish, and brass railings.
4. Soak in the views and satisfy your appetite with delicious baked salmon and shrimp cocktail prepared by Executive Chef Jim.
5. With full perimeter seating on wicker chairs, guests can sit on comfortable cushions under a red canopy, which offers protection from the sun exposure while enjoying the views. It's still fun to wear a fancy hat, too!
6. Halfway through the two-hour ride, you stop on an island where you will find St. Williams, a decommissioned catholic church. Built in 1890, the church has been beautifully restored and is now on the National Historic Registry! Captain Rachel is knowledgeable of the sights and history along the way and can provide fascinating information for those curious at heart.
7. It is an enriching experience to be on a private boat cruise, especially when it’s a family owned and operated company. They provide an outstanding venue and opportunity to come back to a simpler yet sophisticated life. Whatever the occasion, attendees will find good conversation and a celebratory atmosphere aboard the Avery Mae. This boat has been used for welcome home parties, birthdays, and even a wedding proposal — how romantic! Create this day as you'd like, dress up and be fancy, or just come casually.
8. Immerse yourself in a timeless and authentic Adirondack excursion that will take you back to the vacation life during the Gilded Age. This private charter is something you’ll want to add to your Adirondack bucket list. Just imagine the conversations and special memories that will be created! This two-hour trip is an absolute gift, and it’s a perfect new tradition for friends and family to enjoy.Explore the Adirondacks by water or by foot. Stay here for the week and enjoy all of the magical things we have to offer.
This week in ADK news:
Down and out on Catamount
Kids on a budget
Arts come to town
Ti ice cream